Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on October 17, 2016, 12:06:56 am

Title: Night Drive
Post by: BobDavid on October 17, 2016, 12:06:56 am
stuff along the way
Title: Re: Night Drive
Post by: Telecaster on October 17, 2016, 03:19:19 pm
I really like the thumbnail rendering of the first pic. Works better as a color/tone study IMO with less spatial detail.

The second looks like it could've been taken from the street running alongside my house either last night or the previous one. Same orientation, same weather. Love the mood.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Night Drive
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 17, 2016, 03:33:43 pm
Ahhh... the second one! So mystical and metaphorical. Superbly composed and processed.
Title: Re: Night Drive
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 17, 2016, 03:38:24 pm
As a card carrying member of the BobDavid Fan Club, I like them both very much.
But if I had to choose between the two, I'd go for the foggy moon shot.
Title: Re: Night Drive
Post by: armand on October 17, 2016, 08:56:37 pm
I love the second one!
Title: Re: Night Drive
Post by: marton on October 25, 2016, 12:53:46 am
Second pic = nice!
Title: Re: Night Drive
Post by: graeme on October 25, 2016, 04:54:20 am
Love em both - you're on a roll.
Title: Re: Night Drive
Post by: RSL on October 25, 2016, 02:59:44 pm
More good shooting, Bob. Very nice.
Title: Re: Night Drive
Post by: RPark on October 25, 2016, 03:24:00 pm
For me, the colour one works best. Perhaps it's the luxuriant green of the palms (an exotic tree to someone from the temperate rainforest) contested with the artificial bright red of the stop sign. Overall, it makes for a good documentary photo.
Title: Re: Night Drive
Post by: N80 on October 27, 2016, 02:54:25 pm
I like them both. The effect of the car going by in the first one is nifty but I think I would prefer a fully minimalist approach without the passing car. Is "fully minimalist" an oxymoron?
Title: Re: Night Drive
Post by: BobDavid on October 29, 2016, 08:53:39 pm
I like them both. The effect of the car going by in the first one is nifty but I think I would prefer a fully minimalist approach without the passing car. Is "fully minimalist" an oxymoron?

I see what you mean and I have wavered on that too. My rationalization is that it fills up negative space in the lower left quadrant and the way it smears time.