Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on October 16, 2016, 01:57:51 pm

Title: vatnajökull 1
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 16, 2016, 01:57:51 pm
Comments?

Jeremy
Title: Re: vatnajökull 1
Post by: RSL on October 16, 2016, 02:11:03 pm
I'm glad I don't have to hike across that.
Title: Re: vatnajökull 1
Post by: Telecaster on October 16, 2016, 03:14:01 pm
Love the tones & textures. I've been newly fascinated by glaciers due to a recent Arctic expedition by a group of photographers and YouTube videographers I follow. The trip was spearheaded by the Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield. As Arctic tourism (not to mention oil industry exploration) is likely to increase a fair bit in the near future, I'm thinking I'd like to pay a visit before this happens. So in prep I'm scarfing up glacier pics.  :)

-Dave-
Title: Re: vatnajökull 1
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 16, 2016, 08:01:38 pm
That is the first glacier I ever got really close to, some 42 years ago. I was astonished at how dirty it was, especially around the edges.
This is a muchbetter photo than any I got back then. I love the contrast between the gnarly forms in the foreground and the sunny mountain in the background.
Title: Re: vatnajökull 1
Post by: francois on October 17, 2016, 04:53:09 am
I like the far/near composition. It reminds me of some of the photos taken during the early Himalayan expeditions.