Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on October 13, 2016, 02:37:22 pm

Title: dying
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 13, 2016, 02:37:22 pm
Not sure about this one. Is it mystically dark, or just gloomy? Opinions, as ever, valued.

Jeremy
Title: Re: dying
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 13, 2016, 08:27:03 pm
It's quite spooky, but I would be tempted to add a bit of vignette, and especially to darken the lightish blobs in the lower left corner, as I find them distracting.
Title: Re: dying
Post by: francois on October 14, 2016, 06:53:36 am
I'm in full agreement with Eric's suggestions but it's already very good in its initial version.
Title: Re: dying
Post by: RSL on October 14, 2016, 07:10:51 am
AAArrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!! Gasp.
Title: Re: dying
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 14, 2016, 09:26:28 am
AAArrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!! Gasp.
No, Russ. It's not an 86-year-old, I'm pretty sure it's a spry 77-year-old.
Like me.  :D
Title: Re: dying
Post by: Rob C on October 14, 2016, 11:27:03 am
Now you're talking, Jeremy!

Love it.

Rob C
Title: Re: dying
Post by: David Eckels on October 14, 2016, 03:21:56 pm
But, Jeremy, the blossom isn't perfect! ;) I like it and I think the B&W decision is a great one.
Title: Re: dying
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 15, 2016, 01:12:22 pm
Sorry about the blossom, David. I got there just too late.

I read, I consider and I find that agree. Here's a revised version.

Jeremy
Title: Re: dying
Post by: Arlen on October 15, 2016, 01:54:39 pm
I agree, too; it's an improvement.
Title: Re: dying
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 15, 2016, 05:19:57 pm
I agree, too; it's an improvement.
Yes!!
Title: Re: dying
Post by: Bob_B on October 15, 2016, 05:29:20 pm
I agree, too; it's an improvement.

+1