Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on October 12, 2016, 04:18:27 pm

Title: Fallen
Post by: MattBurt on October 12, 2016, 04:18:27 pm
We had some great colors for a couple of weeks but now most of the leaves are down at this altitude.
I like coming to this spot at a local park when the water is low like it is now. In early summer this is under raging rapids!
(https://c8.staticflickr.com/6/5749/29598437823_1f3e58c3ab_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/M6vJnv)IMGP4312-HDR-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/M6vJnv) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: stamper on October 13, 2016, 03:48:45 am
The bridge seems to be falling in one direction and the trees in the opposite direction. The wide composition doesn't really work imo. I think there is potential in the image so possibly looking at it again from scratch will mean there is the possibility of a better image?
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 13, 2016, 04:20:07 am
I like the subtle colours and water flow. Indeed the perspective distortion (key stoning) is strong, perhaps deserves some correction?
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: MattBurt on October 13, 2016, 11:39:28 am
Thanks and yeah, at 15mm there's definitely some obvious distortion. I'll play around with it some more to see if it can be effectively corrected.
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 13, 2016, 12:10:55 pm
The distortion doesn't bother me, but I'll happy to look at a corrected version if you do one.

I like this one a lot.
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: francois on October 14, 2016, 06:55:28 am
Frankly, I'm not bothered by the distorsion as my eyes seem to be stuck on the lower part of the photo.
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: Bob_B on October 14, 2016, 08:19:55 am
The distortion doesn't bother me...

Nor me. Very nice water.
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: MattBurt on October 18, 2016, 12:29:49 am
The distortion doesn't bother me, but I'll happy to look at a corrected version if you do one.

I like this one a lot.

I gave it a try tonight. Still not completely distortion free but I think I tamed it somewhat.

Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: Sean H on October 18, 2016, 07:47:16 am
+1
The distortion doesn't bother me, but I'll happy to look at a corrected version if you do one.

I like this one a lot.
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: MattBurt on October 18, 2016, 12:05:13 pm
Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated!