Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Michael Erlewine on October 12, 2016, 04:34:07 am

Title: Autumn Pond at Dawn
Post by: Michael Erlewine on October 12, 2016, 04:34:07 am
Nikon D810, Zeiss Otus 28mm APO f/1.4
Title: Re: Autumn Pond at Dawn
Post by: francois on October 12, 2016, 04:57:29 am
Very nice, it looks almost like a classic english duck hunting painting!
Title: Re: Autumn Pond at Dawn
Post by: graeme on October 12, 2016, 06:02:52 am
I like it - very atmospheric. Are you at all tempted to soften up / lower the contrast of the vegetation in the foreground?
Title: Re: Autumn Pond at Dawn
Post by: Michael Erlewine on October 12, 2016, 06:06:47 am
I like it - very atmospheric. Are you at all tempted to soften up / lower the contrast of the vegetation in the foreground?

I am a close-up photographer (MacroStop.com) who has decided to go larger and get into landscapes and perhaps portraits. Right now I am using my Nikon D810, but I have the new Hasselblad X1D on order and plan to use that for landscapes. So, this is just my first (literally) landscape attempt. I enclose another. I am sure I will learn to soften, sharpen, and whatever is needed as I go along.
Title: Re: Autumn Pond at Dawn
Post by: stamper on October 12, 2016, 06:23:31 am
I like it - very atmospheric. Are you at all tempted to soften up / lower the contrast of the vegetation in the foreground?

I wouldn't be. It is fine as it is.
Title: Re: Autumn Pond at Dawn
Post by: stamper on October 12, 2016, 06:25:07 am
The second image is very likeable.
Title: Re: Autumn Pond at Dawn
Post by: MattBurt on October 12, 2016, 04:20:51 pm
Nice catch with the geese. Was that the plan for the shot or just good luck?
Title: Re: Autumn Pond at Dawn
Post by: Michael Erlewine on October 12, 2016, 04:31:47 pm
Nice catch with the geese. Was that the plan for the shot or just good luck?

It was the product of being there and being a photographer.
Title: Re: Autumn Pond at Dawn
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 13, 2016, 04:24:27 am
Seems like you are in the right direction:)