Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sierraman on October 11, 2016, 10:19:07 am

Title: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: sierraman on October 11, 2016, 10:19:07 am
A couple of images from the San Juan Mountains.
Title: Re: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 11, 2016, 11:30:52 am
#2 is my favourite, the two "tiers" of yellow colour work really well.

I also like #1, but think that a crop, to exclude the distracting yellow patch on the left, would improve it.
Title: Re: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: sierraman on October 11, 2016, 11:59:43 am
#2 is my favourite, the two "tiers" of yellow colour work really well.

I also like #1, but think that a crop, to exclude the distracting yellow patch on the left, would improve it.

I agree of a crop on #1. I don't know why I didn't see that.  :)
Title: Re: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: Arlen on October 11, 2016, 12:44:47 pm
All three are very appealing autumn images, but I agree about cropping the first one, which will bring it to the top of the heap in my estimation.
Title: Re: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: thierrylegros396 on October 11, 2016, 12:51:20 pm
+1 for the 2nd.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
Title: Re: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 11, 2016, 12:57:44 pm
All three are very appealing autumn images, but I agree about cropping the first one, which will bring it to the top of the heap in my estimation.

I agree. #2 is fine, but #1 is sufficiently unusual to make it stand out. The crop is necessary (sorry, Russ).

Jeremy
Title: Re: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 11, 2016, 01:52:39 pm
I agree. #2 is fine, but #1 is sufficiently unusual to make it stand out. The crop is necessary (sorry, Russ).

Jeremy
+1.
Title: Re: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 11, 2016, 03:41:26 pm
I agree of a crop on #1. I don't know why I didn't see that.  :)

I like that splash on the left. It balances the sloping line of foliage and adds a little fizz to the image.
Title: Re: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: sierraman on October 11, 2016, 10:08:23 pm
Here is a crop of the image and the original image.
Title: Re: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: Sean H on October 11, 2016, 10:34:53 pm
+ 1
#2 is my favourite, the two "tiers" of yellow colour work really well.

I also like #1, but think that a crop, to exclude the distracting yellow patch on the left, would improve it.
Title: Re: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: HSakols on October 11, 2016, 10:39:16 pm
Thanks for posting.  I just got back from a weekend on the east side of the Sierra.  Nice work.
Title: Re: Colorado Fall Colors
Post by: sierraman on October 11, 2016, 11:51:45 pm
Thanks for posting.  I just got back from a weekend on the east side of the Sierra.  Nice work.

I was on the east side the week before I went to Colorado. I think I was a little early for some of the best color but got a few nice images in the Bishop Creek area.  :)