Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: free2australian on October 10, 2016, 02:45:02 am

Title: Lightroom CC doing funny things
Post by: free2australian on October 10, 2016, 02:45:02 am
Hull

I have a Mac Os C El Capitan and Lightroom CC - latest version.

When editing my Lightroom to edit in was greyed out for no particular reason that I know of-  Also a particular photo was not available for editing after having undertaking some editing  on the same photo a few minutes prior- a message came up no availability.  See  attachments.

I need to add that I have 2nd copies of my photos on an external Hard drive

thank you

Sue

Be grateful of some explanations 
Title: Re: Lightroom CC doing funny things
Post by: free2australian on October 10, 2016, 02:47:34 am
HulloI have just posed that my Lightroom is doing funny things.

I see later that I only attached one of the screen shots in relation to the issue

Here is the other attachment.

thank you


Sue
Title: Re: Lightroom CC doing funny things
Post by: Simon J.A. Simpson on October 10, 2016, 01:42:12 pm
Hi Sue.

My experience of using Lightroom and Photoshop with external disks indicate they sometimes get grumpy and lose contact with the external disk.  This gives rise to some unusual behaviours my favourite of which is Photoshop erroneously claiming that the file I am working on has been overwritten by another application and do I want to save it. No it hasn't and no I do not !   I have not been able to diagnose the exact reason for these problems.  A (temporary) cure can usually be effected either by quitting Lightroom and/or Photoshop and relaunching; or ejecting the disk and remounting it; or both.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.