Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sierraman on October 06, 2016, 08:56:59 pm

Title: Sorry, We Are Closed
Post by: sierraman on October 06, 2016, 08:56:59 pm
Closed Service Station in Utah.
Title: Re: Sorry We Are Closed
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 06, 2016, 11:53:44 pm
The clouds caressing the roof add to the mood.
Nice catch.
Title: Re: Sorry We Are Closed
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 07, 2016, 03:49:17 am
Good one.
Title: Re: Sorry, We Are Closed
Post by: francois on October 07, 2016, 05:14:40 am
Nice with B&W being perfect for this type of images…
Title: Re: Sorry, We Are Closed
Post by: graeme on October 07, 2016, 05:51:52 am
That's a really nice image. I could live with a print of it on my wall.

My only suggestion would be to level it slightly - I opened the image in PS & used the ruler tool on the nearest corner of the office ( under the 'n' in 'Station' ).

But I'm OCD about this stuff.
Title: Re: Sorry, We Are Closed
Post by: Otto Phocus on October 07, 2016, 06:36:25 am
That's a really nice shot. 
Title: Re: Sorry, We Are Closed
Post by: sierraman on October 07, 2016, 09:01:40 am
Thanks to all for your kind words. I just eye-balled it to see if it was level. Next time I will be a little more careful.  :)
Title: Re: Sorry, We Are Closed
Post by: donbga on October 07, 2016, 11:18:31 am
Closed Service Station in Utah.

I dig this shot; can't say exactly why perhaps because it points to a time in the past when I was very travelling the west with my parents. Perhaps it has a Walker Evans feel to it. Iconic none the less.

Don Bryant
Title: Re: Sorry, We Are Closed
Post by: stamper on October 08, 2016, 03:40:07 am
A very nice image and the processing is spot on.
Title: Re: Sorry We Are Closed
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 08, 2016, 01:24:01 pm
The clouds caressing the roof add to the mood.
Nice catch.

Indeed: they provide a lovely finishing touch.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Sorry, We Are Closed
Post by: MattBurt on October 12, 2016, 04:22:18 pm
I like it too. Nice job.