Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on October 04, 2016, 08:21:51 pm

Title: Rainy day drive
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 04, 2016, 08:21:51 pm
...around Snaefellsnes. Feedback welcome.
Title: Re: Rainy day drive
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 05, 2016, 12:55:19 am
A nice, moody set.
Great sky in the first, in particular.
Title: Re: Rainy day drive
Post by: Bob_B on October 05, 2016, 08:15:50 am
+1. The first (for the clouds) and the third (for the textures and contrast).
Title: Re: Rainy day drive
Post by: thierrylegros396 on October 05, 2016, 08:19:11 am
Very Nice B/W Set.

Thierry
Title: Re: Rainy day drive
Post by: francois on October 05, 2016, 08:59:07 am
Yes, I agree with previous comments, the sky in #1 is stunning. I also like the texture and details of #3.

Well done!
Title: Re: Rainy day drive
Post by: Sean H on October 05, 2016, 09:16:10 pm
+1.  Scott, I found the 1st one interesting also for the clouds. The whole image was reminiscent of a scene from a post-apocalyptic movie.

+1. The first (for the clouds) and the third (for the textures and contrast).
Title: Re: Rainy day drive
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 05, 2016, 09:27:50 pm
...I found the 1st one interesting also for the clouds. The whole image was reminiscent of a scene from a post-apocalyptic movie.

Well the lava fields are a little post-apocalyptic, spreading over many square miles and obliterating everything in their path.

I've tried a few times to capture them but this is my best attempt yet, thanks to the sky.

Thanks to all for the comments.
Title: Re: Rainy day drive
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 06, 2016, 07:51:45 am
Why not the #1 in B&W as well? Great vortex sky.
Title: Re: Rainy day drive
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 06, 2016, 12:17:58 pm
Why not the #1 in B&W as well? Great vortex sky.

I'll check it out,  it would probably work well.

But for me a main feature of the landscape is the unearthly green of the mosses, and I wanted to show that. In fact, this version seems a little dark and they could be brighter. More accurate, less believable on the accurate--believable--artistic triangle of processing trade-offs.
Title: Re: Rainy day drive
Post by: KBStudio on October 08, 2016, 11:04:11 am
Scott, I too like your first shot.  I actually like the subtle color with the green moss and slightly magenta sky.