Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: RMW on October 02, 2016, 04:44:37 pm

Title: Blind River, LA.
Post by: RMW on October 02, 2016, 04:44:37 pm
From two days ago.
The summer heat has just letup.
Hope you enjoy.
Richard
Title: Re: Blind River, LA.
Post by: thierrylegros396 on October 03, 2016, 03:17:07 am
Nice One.

At least 50 shades of gray  ;D ;D ;D

Thierry
Title: Re: Blind River, LA.
Post by: Sean H on October 03, 2016, 08:49:19 am
I could almost feel the heat and humidity while looking at this; it is so realistic.
Title: Re: Blind River, LA.
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 04, 2016, 04:07:29 am
Nicely done.
Title: Re: Blind River, LA.
Post by: RMW on October 04, 2016, 01:45:32 pm
Thank you Thierry, Sean, and Paulo.
It's a real help to get your comments. These LA swamps have so much going on, it's often confusing how to make a good foto. Also, for someone who appreciates it's unique beauty, it's been demonized and Hollywood-ed beyond belief.
Thanks again.
Richard
Title: Re: Blind River, LA.
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 04, 2016, 08:30:05 pm
These LA swamps have so much going on, it's often confusing how to make a good foto.

Nice use of light and angle to bring out some structure. Your boat may limit you somewhat from easily zooming with your feet and changing height. OTOH I find myself shooting a lot from very low on land, using a tilting LCD (#3 in my last post (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=113852.0)), which opens up another dimension of compositional possibilities.
Title: Re: Blind River, LA.
Post by: RMW on October 05, 2016, 03:42:14 pm
Hi Scott,
Thank you for enlarging my concern about finding appropriate order. I looked at your low-vantage-point foto and found it interesting because it definitely brings a certain tactile quality to the image. I'm going to have to play more with holding the camera as low as I can.
From the kayak I almost always photograph from a sitting position. To standup can be too risky. To get out of the boat can be really muddy.
Thanks again.
Richard