Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: KevinA on September 30, 2016, 05:56:38 am

Title: Hassy X1D lenses
Post by: KevinA on September 30, 2016, 05:56:38 am
I'm probably being completely thick, but where can I find details on the lens range designed for this camera? Which lenses are planned and which which ones will be available first.I've tried the Hasselblad website, buggered if I can find anything.
Title: Re: Hassy X1D lenses
Post by: maxs on September 30, 2016, 07:19:42 am
Hasselblad Home Page --> Products --> Lenses --> X System :-)

Here is the link http://www.hasselblad.com/lenses/x-system

Enjoy
Title: Re: Hassy X1D lenses
Post by: KevinA on September 30, 2016, 07:24:09 am
Hasselblad Home Page --> Products --> Lenses --> X System :-)

Here is the link http://www.hasselblad.com/lenses/x-system

Enjoy

Link not working for me, I just get a plain black page.
Title: Re: Hassy X1D lenses
Post by: KevinA on September 30, 2016, 07:26:34 am
Link not working for me, I just get a plain black page.

Or I just get this and no mention of what they may be :-
New Lens Range

To enhance the entirely new camera design we have produced a new range of autofocus lenses specifically engineered to match the high resolution capability of the X1D. The superb new XCD lenses deliver edge-to-edge sharpness in a compact form to elegantly match the slim build of the body. Existing H System users also have the flexibility to use their lenses with the X1D by means of an optional adapter.
Title: Re: Hassy X1D lenses
Post by: BernardLanguillier on September 30, 2016, 07:50:27 am
Available nowish:
- 45mm f3.5
- 90mm f3.2

Available laterish:
- 30mm f3.5

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Hassy X1D lenses
Post by: KevinA on September 30, 2016, 08:41:23 am
Available nowish:
- 45mm f3.5
- 90mm f3.2

Available laterish:
- 30mm f3.5

Cheers,
Bernard

Cheers Bernard.
Title: Re: Hassy X1D lenses
Post by: Chris Livsey on September 30, 2016, 09:29:10 am
What about this link?
Just chose one lens at random:

http://www.hasselblad.com/lenses/x-system/xcd-3530mm
Title: Re: Hassy X1D lenses
Post by: KevinA on September 30, 2016, 11:40:54 am
What about this link?
Just chose one lens at random:

http://www.hasselblad.com/lenses/x-system/xcd-3530mm

Thanks all, links working now, must be my end that had the problem. I thought it odd I couldn't find any lens details on the Hassy site just a blank page.
Title: Re: Hassy X1D lenses
Post by: JeffS on September 30, 2016, 09:24:25 pm
Google Ming Thein and X1D.....he's written several articles on the camera and lenses as the system has evolved. Each article is followed by a host of reader comments and questions, which he has additionally addressed.  Ming is now a Hasselblad 'ambassador', so his writings may be biased, but informative nonetheless.

The lenses, by the way, are manufactured by Nittoh, the same company involved with the XPan lenses, which coincidentally were also a 30, 45 and 90. The X1D 45 and 90 were both available for June demos around the US; the 30 was formally announced at Photokina as expected.

The Hasselblad CEO has indicated that there will be more primes as well as zooms, despite rumors to the contrary.

Jeff