Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: churly on September 27, 2016, 04:35:08 pm

Title: More Badlands
Post by: churly on September 27, 2016, 04:35:08 pm
Tough place to get around in.
Chuck
Title: Re: More Badlands
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 27, 2016, 05:30:08 pm
Interesting shot, suitably processed.
Title: Re: More Badlands
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 27, 2016, 06:31:30 pm
Man, them lands are really Bad!

Fine shot, Chuck.

Title: Re: More Badlands
Post by: francois on September 28, 2016, 05:28:40 am
Very mineral… I like it!
Title: Re: More Badlands
Post by: churly on September 29, 2016, 01:11:50 am
Yes it is a pretty harsh piece of land.  I tried to capture that in the processing.  I like the 'mineral' description.  Thanks for having a look.
Chuck
Title: Re: More Badlands
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 29, 2016, 09:59:09 am
The shot reminds me of the challenge of trying to isolate a composition in a forest. This works.
Title: Re: More Badlands
Post by: churly on September 29, 2016, 05:05:53 pm
Scott - I think that is a very good description of the problem.  I have lots of shots in various badlands but very few good ones.
Chuck
Title: Re: More Badlands
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 29, 2016, 07:43:45 pm
This one is a real winner. Composition, lighting, and processing are all dead on.
Title: Re: More Badlands
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 30, 2016, 12:00:54 pm
Fine image. My quibble is that the shadow is in the central portion of the image. A shot taken at a different time of day would solve that.