Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on September 26, 2016, 01:05:30 pm

Title: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 26, 2016, 01:05:30 pm
A study in moods. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/09/26/reykjaneshyrna/)



Title: Re: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: nma on September 26, 2016, 01:59:12 pm
Rajan,

A beautiful pairing, just we have come to expect from you.
Title: Re: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 26, 2016, 02:29:14 pm
#2 works well, but I like the depth in #1.
Title: Re: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 26, 2016, 02:30:38 pm
Rajan,

A beautiful pairing, just we have come to expect from you.
+1.
Title: Re: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 27, 2016, 02:03:42 am
#1 for me, because of the light,colour, and the sense of scale.

but the pair works well.
Title: Re: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: thierrylegros396 on September 27, 2016, 11:58:02 am
#1 for me, because of the light,colour, and the sense of scale.

but the pair works well.

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: Chairman Bill on September 27, 2016, 01:51:19 pm
Both really very nice. So no change there, then.
Title: Re: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: Patricia Sheley on September 27, 2016, 02:07:25 pm
...on the contrary, plus ca change the more they are never for even a moment the meme chose, if one has the gift of the Rajan eye to light...
Title: Re: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 27, 2016, 02:36:40 pm
I like them both very much. I think I prefer the second, but I feel it would be better-balanced with a little more sky.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: francois on September 28, 2016, 05:32:00 am
Great work as usual. I like both very much for different reasons.
Bravo!
Title: Re: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 28, 2016, 12:50:07 pm
Thank you to each and every one of you for the comments and critiques.
Title: Re: Reykjaneshyrna
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 28, 2016, 12:56:57 pm
I like them both very much. I think I prefer the second, but I feel it would be better-balanced with a little more sky.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

I do have compositions of that scene with more sky. However, I wanted to present a mix in my blog post and so chose this one. And as is not uncommon in Iceland, just a couple of minutes later the scene changed dramatically with the advent of a snowstorm. See attached screengrab of the unprocessed file.