Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: DeanChriss on September 25, 2016, 06:50:50 am

Title: Death Valley - Racetrack Vandalized Again
Post by: DeanChriss on September 25, 2016, 06:50:50 am
http://petapixel.com/2016/09/19/vandalism-iconic-racetrack-death-valley-national-park/
Title: Re: Death Valley - Racetrack Vandalized Again
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 25, 2016, 09:25:25 am
I agree with the author's suggestion of concealed tire-damaging spikes.
I would also support euthanasia for imbeciles that do that kind of thing.
Title: Re: Death Valley - Racetrack Vandalized Again
Post by: greyscale on September 29, 2016, 12:25:37 pm
Perhaps the perp will soon be in custody.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-death-valley-damage-20160927-snap-story.html

greyscale
Title: Re: Death Valley - Racetrack Vandalized Again
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 29, 2016, 01:35:56 pm
Perhaps the perp will soon be in custody.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-death-valley-damage-20160927-snap-story.html

greyscale
I hope so.
The perp should be sent to Guantanamo and left locked up there even if the base is ever closed.
Title: Re: Death Valley - Racetrack Vandalized Again
Post by: Brookie on September 30, 2016, 12:16:04 am
Some people have no respect for nature, no respect for our national parks, and no respect for the rest of us who would like to view these natural phenomenon. People with small minds more interested in a short term chuckle or thrill. Though I have no idea what is funny or thrilling about it. Hopefully they will brag about it to the wrong person and ultimately get caught. That's probably the only way they will get caught.
Title: Re: Death Valley - Racetrack Vandalized Again
Post by: pluton on October 01, 2016, 03:01:22 am
Betcha they're rich kids.
I wish I had happened to be there when they did it, though it's not likely I'd be visiting the Racetrack in August.  One call on the satphone and they wouldn't have made it out of the park.  From now on, I'm bringing the phone in my daypack when in such places.