Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Rod.Klukas on September 22, 2016, 05:22:33 pm
-
It's been a busy Photokina week and just now getting a chance to share our press release here.
To quickly share the news -
D4 and C1 Cube "gp" adding geared pan to our top of the line tripod heads.
P0 Hybrid - the simplicity of the monoball p0 with geared movements in two axes, all in a lightweight 1.1 lb tripod head.
Monoball Z1+ - further improvements to our already great tripod head
Quicklink - attach and remove your tripod head quickly with the new Quicklink system.
Canon aperture control lens board - shipping now and works with any of our 6X9 cameras
Focal Plane Shutter is being demonstrated at Photokina. We expect it sometime later this year.
Full details and large photos in the full press release here:
http://rodklukas.com/967/arca-swiss-new-products-photokina-2016/
Follow us on Instagram
@arcaswissusa
-
Geared panning! Sweet sweetness. Any idea when the new heads will be available in the U.S.?
-
Rod,
Can a non- geared cube be "upgraded" to a geared panning version?
-
Rod,
Alas, some of these items are causing a relapse in my GAS! Can you provide information on prices and expected availability?
Thanks.
John
-
Rod,
Can a non- geared cube be "upgraded" to a geared panning version?
Thanks for this question, I'm also interested in the answer. I hope they offer this solution....
-
...without the permanent loctite might be an easier proposition. :o
-
"…lightweight 1.1 lb tripod head."
The stuff of late night television advertising.
Cheers,
In terms of what it carries and it's geared now there really are no many similar products.
Christopher Hauser
[email protected]
-
Written like a salesman, although it is heavier than well over 95% of tripod heads, it is still lightweight. No it isn't (kind of like he's a skinny sumo wrestler).
"In terms of what it carries and it's geared now there really are no [sic] many similar products".
Yes, write that and you're more believable.
Cheers,
-
Actually I don't really care what you want me to write.
Christopher Hauser
[email protected]
-
My lightweight sticks carry the D4 and it's great, but I really prefer the Cube. For precision and stability, it really has no equal.
***AND if you order now we'll include an additional FREE cube at no charge!***
Lighten up, people. It's just the internet.
I'm sure I'll be replacing both my Arca heads with the new GP versions. These guys make damn good stuff and I dig it. I just ordered an 8x10 from them. I think that'll make 4 Arca cameras in my stable. After using their stuff for over 20 years I may be a bit of a fanboy.
-
Hi Chris,
No doubt, I will upgrade to the new D4 head once I find the necessary change.
That said, I find it insane that they put that feature on the top and not at the bottom where it belongs. Or would some nice company company make a pano head with gears...
Geared pans is a feature I really miss.
Best regards
Erik
My lightweight sticks carry the D4 and it's great, but I really prefer the Cube. For precision and stability, it really has no equal.
***AND if you order now we'll include an additional FREE cube at no charge!***
Lighten up, people. It's just the internet.
I'm sure I'll be replacing both my Arca heads with the new GP versions. These guys make damn good stuff and I dig it. I just ordered an 8x10 from them. I think that'll make 4 Arca cameras in my stable. After using their stuff for over 20 years I may be a bit of a fanboy.
-
That said, I find it insane that they put that feature on the top and not at the bottom where it belongs.
Erik, I prefer a pan on the top. That way, once the camera is leveled, panning will not disrupt the level. Curious why you like it below...
CB
-
Pretty easy, as I you don't use a tech camera and have to tilt the camera up or down the way to do it at the bottom. (Which of course has to be levelled with a leveling base)
Here I find it a little annoying that the Arca heads don't have any scale. ( is use a novoflex panoramic base for that purpose. )
Christopher Hauser
[email protected]
-
Just caught the AS "Quick Link" on Rod's link. Pretty cool, albeit not as sexy as the new Cube geared pan feature. The Quick Link looks like it might be a great lighter weight alternative to using a RRS quick release and Dovetails to swap heads.
Ken
-
It looks to me that the Canon mount, the way it is designed, it will not be compatible with the FUJI FGX body.... This may be a major factor with respect to the Cambo Actus system (basic & XL) where the Canon EOS electronic mount will allow the FGX grip to recess by the front standard's lens mount...
I believe that many Sony α7 users that use the Sony with a view camera, will consider upgrading to Fuji GFX at some point, yet retaining their line of lenses... Therefore the Canon lens board may be a crucial factor for them to decide on the system to use, as there is limited choice for WA lenses as to use with mirrorless cameras on a bellows camera.
-
I prefer pan on top also.
To me the geared pan will slow things down. Say on a 5 or 6 part V pan series?
Glad to see Arca still in the game.
Paul C
-
Hi Chris,
I have a leveling bowl on the tripod, so The tripod head is always level. This way I can tilt the head and have base rotation without causing yaw. If the top is tilted and pan is used there will be yaw on the head. So, I always use base rotation.
Now, yaw may be the incorrect term. Sorry in that case.
If the head is not level than the advantage of base rotation is lost and the leveling head adds something like 0.25 kg of weight.
Geared pan may change my way of shooting.
Best regards
Erik
Erik, I prefer a pan on the top. That way, once the camera is leveled, panning will not disrupt the level. Curious why you like it below...
CB
-
Hi Paul,
Interesting to see that we have different workflows. The D4 used to have the option to have gear or friction. I would think that gears on pan can be disabled too. I often shoot a bit longer lenses and have some problems to adjust composition, so I like gears.
Best regards
Erik
I prefer pan on top also.
To me the geared pan will slow things down. Say on a 5 or 6 part V pan series?
Glad to see Arca still in the game.
Paul C
-
I'm pretty sure I read that the top pan can either be dialed in with the gear, or used free for larger movements - this is something I've been waiting for for some time - excited.
-
Hi Paul,
Interesting to see that we have different workflows. The D4 used to have the option to have gear or friction. I would think that gears on pan can be disabled too. I often shoot a bit longer lenses and have some problems to adjust composition, so I like gears.
Best regards
Erik
Erik,
Good point, I overlooked a long lens, can easily see where geared would be big asset there. I mainly pan wides, but have recently started with tele lenses, and yes, that would make a nice change.
Paul C