Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: narikin on September 21, 2016, 10:11:04 am
-
Small news to most folks, but anyone know if a new EVF, using HDMI output was announced at 'Kina by anyone?
I'm still looking for the right solution for my IQ100 on Alpa. Sidefinder is good, but too big for walk-around, as are the mini monitor type solutions.
Disappointed that Phase or Alpa didn't announce something in response to this new capability of CMOS backs.
thanks
-
kinotechnik?
-
Hi, after half a year Zacuto got the Gratical HD running with the IQ100MB, I bought it in April but could not use it until a week ago. After many inquiries Zacuto sent me a firmware update and now I am quite happy with my solution for my Alpas.
Wolfgang
-
Fuji GFX also did...
-
Thanks Wolfgang,
that Zacuto Gratical HD looks interesting - what was the firmware update about - isn't HDMI out the same standard in all cameras/backs?
can you go to 100% easily, for focus accuracy, or are you using it with LiveView? Be interested to know how it plays out in practice.
any special mount needed for that side fixing?
-
Hi narikin,
sorry for the long delay, I have been out of town for some days. HDMI is not a standard it seems, Zacuto just released the firmware update, now it is possible to use the Gratical with the IQ3100. 100% is 1 to1 for the HDMI signal, which is about 1080x1920 and not the genuine 11608 x 8708, so you get much less detail. The VF is fine in bright sunshine and the monitor has about 5,2 Million pixels and a great picture quality. Until now I found no way to get liveview on the back and HDMI out at the same time - maybe someone has a solution?
Regards
Wolfgang