Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: darinb on September 19, 2016, 09:46:24 pm

Title: Thinner paper?
Post by: darinb on September 19, 2016, 09:46:24 pm
Could someone suggest to me a thinner paper that gives good results? I've been googling and thought I'd ask here for first-hand opinions.

The key spec I need is something thinner than the Canson Edition Etching that I am currently using.

Other must-haves are 100% cotton, matte surface, and available in 13-inch size (13x19).

Optionally, it would also be cool (but not required) if it had some sort of slight texture, had no OBAs, and came in 13-inch rolls (but this spec might limit things too much, I know).

Candidate list?

--Darin
Title: Re: Thinner paper?
Post by: rdonson on September 19, 2016, 10:18:49 pm
The Canson Etching Edition is 310 gsm

Here's an option.  Moab Entrada Rag Natural 190 gsm

http://moabpaper.com/entrada-rag-natural-190/

It's worked well for me and is reasonably priced and available from many online retailers as well as from Moab.
Title: Re: Thinner paper?
Post by: schertz on September 19, 2016, 11:24:48 pm
How about Canson rag photographique 210gsm, nice feel, no OBA, not very textured though... (I like the 310 version)
Moab has the Entrada Rag Natural 190gsm, double sided, available in a 13-inch roll (Never tried this stuff myself but thought I would mention it because it's almost impossible  to find 13-inch rolls)
If the texture is important, you could try the Hahnemuhle William Turner, which is available as a 190gsm version.

MS
Title: Re: Thinner paper?
Post by: jdoyle1713 on September 20, 2016, 04:15:29 pm
Hahnemuhle William Turner is 190 GSM .. warmer..
Hahnemuhle Al Duer 210 GSM
Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 188

Canson already Mentioned..

Good Luck
Jim Doyle
Shades Of Paper
http://www.shadesofpaper.com