Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: PBC on September 16, 2016, 02:46:19 pm

Title: Dawn over Reine, Lofoten Islands, Norway
Post by: PBC on September 16, 2016, 02:46:19 pm
I couldn't have asked for a better first morning on Lofoten at the end of January - and just 2 minutes from the guest house there is a wonderful view looking over to the small town of Reine with the imposing mountain of Olstinden behind. Almost too easy :-)

Oh, this was 3 vertical images stitched.

Phil
Title: Re: Dawn over Reine, Lofoten Islands, Norway
Post by: Cornfield on September 17, 2016, 04:07:09 am
OK I submit!  Must go there soon.  What time of the year did you visit?
Title: Re: Dawn over Reine, Lofoten Islands, Norway
Post by: PBC on September 17, 2016, 04:11:50 am
First week of February - brilliant light most of the day (when it wasn't snowing), but we had really "good" weather for photography (not holiday makers!).  Next time I would like to go a couple of weeks earlier to see what difference the light makes when it has really, really short days

Phil
Title: Re: Dawn over Reine, Lofoten Islands, Norway
Post by: Chairman Bill on September 17, 2016, 04:35:00 am
I'd definitely print that one - big. Superb light.
Title: Re: Dawn over Reine, Lofoten Islands, Norway
Post by: philaitman on September 17, 2016, 07:03:32 am
Absolutely stunning. I must visit; although given my track record recently when I do go it'll be unseasonably warm, dry and without a cloud in the sky.
Title: Re: Dawn over Reine, Lofoten Islands, Norway
Post by: JMCP on September 17, 2016, 08:47:53 am
That is a stunning image and now I have a new destination to add to my bucket list.

Cheers, John
Title: Re: Dawn over Reine, Lofoten Islands, Norway
Post by: Mjean on September 17, 2016, 10:44:48 am
Wow!!!  Stunning!!!!
Title: Re: Dawn over Reine, Lofoten Islands, Norway
Post by: Arlen on September 17, 2016, 11:11:34 am
Really wonderful.
Title: Re: Dawn over Reine, Lofoten Islands, Norway
Post by: Sean H on September 17, 2016, 07:43:36 pm
+1.... We've seen some stunning shots from this location recently posted here. I remember one with golden light and now this. Well done. Thank you.

That is a stunning image and now I have a new destination to add to my bucket list.

Cheers, John