Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Theodoros on September 16, 2016, 12:42:45 pm
-
http://cdn.pressebox.de/f/d43f5ccb4614ffb4/attachments/0841915.attachment
New self contained back from Sinar and adapter to use S lenses with central shutter on sinar tech cameras... The system can do 4k video, the back is self contained and takes cards to store the images...
-
Thank you. Very interesting!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
As I understand it, the back is an S-007, but without the mount, mirrorbox and shutter...
-
You were right in your predictions several months back...
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
This looks very interesting, if only it had the Sony 100mb chip in it. ;)
Jason.
-
This looks very interesting, if only it had the Sony 100mb chip in it. ;)
Exactly, this is too close to 24x36 to offer a significant apppeal over a Sony a7rII on an Actus.
IMHO
Cheers,
Bernard
-
This looks very interesting, if only it had the Sony 100mb chip in it. ;)
Jason.
I'm pretty sure that the people who wish this back to have the 100mp Sony chip, wouldn't buy the back even if it did... I'm also sure that those who are after such a product, if it had the 100mp Sony chip, the back would be less appealing to them...
-
It is important to mentioned that before the new back was ever announced, ALPA announced adaptation of it on their series of cameras... http://www.alpa.ch/en/site/photokina-2016-alpa-supports-the-new-sinarback-s-30|45
-
adapter to use S lenses
so does this mean C645 lenses may also be usable via the C645>S adapter?
also if it really is a barebones Leica S, does this mean it will have a barebones price tag?
-
Low MP and no multishot :( :(
The only thing that can save this back is a very low price.
We all know that will not be the case...
-
I think they've set the price to 14.5K... I agree that this being the first single-shot only Sinarback for years, is not what possible customers would hope for... I also agree that this will be a (another) market failure for Sinar... sorry to say....
-
I am disappointed. I will forget about Sinar and borrow a Hasselblad multishot back.
I don't know, maybe Leica/Sinar are targeting the architecture photographers, but I am not convinced. My S2 on a $800.00 bellows or a $1,200.00 view camera will get me the same image quality as the new S30/45.
I am more interested in the Cambo Actus XL, introduced today.
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160920/e44f8717432d7f62779cee8c9830dab9.jpg)
-
I am disappointed. I will forget about Sinar and borrow a Hasselblad multishot back.
I don't know, maybe Leica/Sinar are targeting the architecture photographers, but I am not convinced. My S2 on a $800.00 bellows or a $1,200.00 view camera will get me the same image quality as the new S30/45.
I am more interested in the Cambo Actus XL, introduced today.
The XL is a good choice as to use with both MFDBs and FF mirrorless Yevgeny.... Due to its sliding frames, one can adjust the entrance pupil of the lens as to position it exactly at the center of the tilt arc and on the swing axis and thus have distortionless operation with it.... Only care that has to be taken then, is not to combine side shifts with swings on the same standard... If this combination is needed, its best for one to swing on the front standard and then side shift on the rear...