Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on September 16, 2016, 01:03:32 am

Title: Harvest Moon
Post by: MattBurt on September 16, 2016, 01:03:32 am
The W is for the local university, Western State Colorado University and is the largest collegiate symbol in the world. The distant mountains are part of the continental divide.
I used an old lens on a new body for this, a Pentax A* 300/4 that went out of production in 1984 on my new K-1. They seem to do well together.
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8264/29674864016_d40e28ee73_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/Mdgrdu)IMGP3155-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/Mdgrdu) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

I also brought the 645D kit for this with a A 200/4
(https://c5.staticflickr.com/9/8491/29419099620_1c894104d0_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/LPEznw)IMGP6144-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/LPEznw) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Harvest Moon
Post by: thierrylegros396 on September 16, 2016, 02:49:56 am
Very quiet and relaxing photos.

Thierry
Title: Re: Harvest Moon
Post by: Cornfield on September 17, 2016, 04:08:54 am
Nice shots.  I feel the first image needs to be processed a bit more, just personal preference.
Title: Re: Harvest Moon
Post by: Telecaster on September 17, 2016, 02:55:09 pm
Koowell! Especially the tonal subtleties in the second photo. I like the 645 AF version of the 200/4 but have never found a better-than-mediocre sample of the 35mm one.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Harvest Moon
Post by: Sean H on September 17, 2016, 07:42:15 pm
+1 and lovely gradations in colour in the second one. These photos tend to bring out one's inner werewolf...

Very quiet and relaxing photos.

Thierry
Title: Re: Harvest Moon
Post by: MattBurt on September 20, 2016, 05:45:01 pm
Thanks for the comments! I also feel the first one may need a little something more but I haven't been able to put my finger on what treatment it needs. I've also been busy and traveling so I haven't been able to give it much time either. The 645D just dominates on the subtle tone transitions like no camera I have used. It was also later and the color was a little nicer than when I took the K-1 shots.

My A 35 is a favorite 645 lens and I think I got a very good copy! Obviously the 200 seems to do ok too even though I have seen some unfavorable reviews.
Title: Re: Harvest Moon
Post by: luxborealis on September 20, 2016, 07:56:41 pm
Now all we need is a little Neil Young!

Thanks for sharing, Matt.
Title: Re: Harvest Moon
Post by: MattBurt on September 22, 2016, 09:48:17 am
Now all we need is a little Neil Young!

Thanks for sharing, Matt.

It surely didn't measure up to Neil but I was singing that to myself while shooting. :)
Title: Re: Harvest Moon
Post by: Gigi on September 23, 2016, 10:04:33 am
A different take - taken from within the city. 300mm, 1.4tx, mfdb at ISO 200. Odd use of gear, but just for fun!
Title: Re: Harvest Moon
Post by: Telecaster on September 23, 2016, 03:36:07 pm
My A 35 is a favorite 645 lens and I think I got a very good copy! Obviously the 200 seems to do ok too even though I have seen some unfavorable reviews.

Just to clarify, I was referring to the K-mount version of the 200/4 as mediocre. My 645 35/3.5 is, however, a very nice lens.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Harvest Moon
Post by: MattBurt on September 23, 2016, 03:49:13 pm
Ah. Yeah I meant the 645 version.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk