Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Davidevans on September 14, 2016, 04:24:41 am

Title: Hasselblad X1D question
Post by: Davidevans on September 14, 2016, 04:24:41 am
First post here, so hello everyone.
I had the opportunity to play around with a pre production X1D for half an hour or so yesterday (at Dales Photographic in Leeds, UK).
Overall very nice, but with some positives and negatives for me.
The main question I have though is that the pre production model doesn't have a way of moving the focus point from the centre to anywhere else in the frame, when using the EVF. When using the back screen you just touch where you want it to focus, so easy. The Hasselblad person said that this would be sorted out before deliveries start happening, but couldn't explain how.
Any ideas how this will likely work?
There isn't a multi selector type rolling button, so I'm not sure. Any ideas?
My other thoughts, for what they are worth? As background my photography is landscape, street portraits and street vistas (for want of a better expression). I currently use a Nikon D810 and mainly primes between 24mm and 100mm.
So X1D positives:
And negatives (AND SOME OF THESE WILL BE PRE PRODUCTION FIRMWARE RELATED):
For me to get an X1D I would have to sell everything else and try and use it as a sole camera. Initially I felt that would be difficult and no gain, except extra cost! But I maybe warming to a forced slower approach to people photographs so we'll see.

 
Title: Re: Hasselblad X1D question
Post by: camgarner on September 14, 2016, 09:34:01 am
Thanks for the info.  It sounds to me it will likely be a couple of more months before deliveries start.  I guess the good news is that we can wait to see what's at Photokina before really committing to the X1D.