Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: chris Johnston on September 10, 2016, 04:11:47 pm
-
Anybody have a fix for Windows 10 and. Z3200? I just got the printer and after not being able to use the cd and having to download drives and software, I can print but I can't use the utiliites to create a profile, change paper size, and it shows that the printer is off line. I live in the middle of nowhere and will be thankful for any help.
-
Try printing using LAN connection, not USB.
Try installing an earlier windows version of Utility.
Always power down the printer, unplug and wait a few minutes, then replug and restart.
This is key to having anything work.
Restart your computer while you're at it.
You should be able to get utility to work over your network connection. If you don't have a network, just get a network switch and lan cables. Plug your internet,computer and printer into the switch.
Many folks like using USB, but LAN solves a lot of problems. (Edit-LAN only for Windows 10)
ALWAYS do a clean boot when making changes.
-Mark
-
The Utility specifically states it doesn't work on USB for Win10.
LAN is the only option.
jim
-
Chris, If you've just recently purchased, you might check for updates on the utilities software and also the firmware on the printer. I had the same problem in August and found that HP just recently updated both.
Jim