Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: KMRennie on September 05, 2016, 08:22:03 pm

Title: Bastei
Post by: KMRennie on September 05, 2016, 08:22:03 pm
Coming back from Poland I spent a few days in Saxon Switzerland in SE Germany. This is a pano shot at the Bastei. I went back at sunset to shoot some more but the light just collapsed. All comments welcome. Ken
Title: Re: Bastei
Post by: luxborealis on September 05, 2016, 08:38:49 pm
Beautiful!

Niggly: The blue of e sky seems slightly warm. What about cooling slightly just the blues so as not to detract from the smith of what appears to be late afternoon

That being said, it stands well as is.
Title: Re: Bastei
Post by: KMRennie on September 05, 2016, 09:21:17 pm
Thanks for that Terry. I am often poor at noting colour casts. Cooler sky added. Strangely it is very noticable, to my eyes, with the thumbnail but less so with the full sized image. Something else to put into my workflow perhaps. Ken
Title: Re: Bastei
Post by: mbaginy on September 06, 2016, 12:47:35 am
Beautiful image, Ken!  I prefer the slightly cooler sky.

I visited the Bastei early 1990 when the country was still the GDR (DDR) and I needed a visa.  Need to plan a return.
Title: Re: Bastei
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 06, 2016, 06:34:38 am
Nice work.