Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: eronald on September 01, 2016, 10:28:25 pm

Title: One more Hassy
Post by: eronald on September 01, 2016, 10:28:25 pm
https://www.dpreview.com/news/2224329976/hasselblad-true-zoom-moto-mod-hands-on-preview

I wish someone would make a reasonably integrated add-on with a 1" sensor.

Edmund
Title: Re: One more Hassy
Post by: Jager on September 02, 2016, 06:01:44 am
I dunno.  I think had I been having lunch with Mr. Oosting when this adapter was being considered I would have remarked "It's neither fish nor fowl, and will likely struggle to find a market." 

Smartphone cameras are already more than good enough for snapshots and for recording the daily lives of their owners - the usage to which they're typically brought to bear.  And they have the overarching benefit in that they are always there.

Serious photographers, on the other hand, usually want a serious camera.  I can't imagine many being attracted to what amounts to a Frankensteinian point-and-shoot.

Leica's collaboration on the Huawei P9 was a similar misadventure, I suspect.

I could be wrong...
Title: Re: One more Hassy
Post by: Theodoros on September 02, 2016, 07:22:37 am
I believe this discussion has no place in the MF & LF forum... Maybe it should be moved?
Title: Re: One more Hassy
Post by: BernardLanguillier on September 02, 2016, 08:05:17 am
Isn't a Lenovo design with a Hassy logo?

But yes, this should be in the compact camera section.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: One more Hassy
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 02, 2016, 08:51:07 am
... this should be in the compact camera section.

We also have "iPhone and Mobile Photography" section. That is where I already posted the news:

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=113205.msg930730#msg930730
Title: Re: One more Hassy
Post by: Joe Towner on September 02, 2016, 12:38:15 pm
There is actually a market that needs something like this and the Sony QX1 thing - anyone doing social media posts for a live event that you'd want a zoom lens.  Trying to live post with a camera, cards and basic editing on a phone just doesn't cut it.  Getting it down to a camera attachment that lets you use a few on-phone apps, and a quick post to Facebook/Twitter/Vine/Snapchat/etc is what those folks are looking for.
Title: Re: One more Hassy
Post by: ErikKaffehr on September 02, 2016, 01:34:07 pm
Hi,

Smartphones don't have decent quality zooms…

Best regards
Erik


I dunno.  I think had I been having lunch with Mr. Oosting when this adapter was being considered I would have remarked "It's neither fish nor fowl, and will likely struggle to find a market." 

Smartphone cameras are already more than good enough for snapshots and for recording the daily lives of their owners - the usage to which they're typically brought to bear.  And they have the overarching benefit in that they are always there.

Serious photographers, on the other hand, usually want a serious camera.  I can't imagine many being attracted to what amounts to a Frankensteinian point-and-shoot.

Leica's collaboration on the Huawei P9 was a similar misadventure, I suspect.

I could be wrong...
Title: Re: One more Hassy
Post by: eronald on September 02, 2016, 02:36:40 pm
The display and computer part of a high end mobile phone is way better than that of most compacts. Posting is now what many do with their images.  That is why Frankenstein is an interesting idea.

I wonder how many here make as much money from their photo skills as the various Kardashians?

Edmund


I dunno.  I think had I been having lunch with Mr. Oosting when this adapter was being considered I would have remarked "It's neither fish nor fowl, and will likely struggle to find a market." 

Smartphone cameras are already more than good enough for snapshots and for recording the daily lives of their owners - the usage to which they're typically brought to bear.  And they have the overarching benefit in that they are always there.

Serious photographers, on the other hand, usually want a serious camera.  I can't imagine many being attracted to what amounts to a Frankensteinian point-and-shoot.

Leica's collaboration on the Huawei P9 was a similar misadventure, I suspect.

I could be wrong...
Title: Re: One more Hassy
Post by: Theodoros on September 02, 2016, 05:27:08 pm

What all this has to do with MF & LF or view/tech camera photography?
Title: Re: One more Hassy
Post by: eronald on September 02, 2016, 06:31:04 pm
What all this has to do with MF & LF or view/tech camera photography?

Et tu, Theo?

Ronald