Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on August 26, 2016, 10:19:44 am

Title: Desert puddles
Post by: MattBurt on August 26, 2016, 10:19:44 am
A favorite subject of mine to photograph is desert puddles and with all the rain we have had lately there are some great ones to choose from at the moment. I managed to get a quick bike ride in last night between storms and stopped along the trail where I knew I could find some standing water for some photos.

(https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8007/29135899502_9074545fc6_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/LoD6QS)IMGP3005-Edit-2 (https://flic.kr/p/LoD6QS) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8004/28955964440_bdc6c4e6ec_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/L7JTqd)IMGP3013-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/L7JTqd) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Desert puddles
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 26, 2016, 12:11:54 pm
Very nice!
I wish you could send some of your storms toward Boston, where we are in extreme drought conditions.
Title: Re: Desert puddles
Post by: thierrylegros396 on August 26, 2016, 12:48:32 pm
Very good B/W.

Thierry
Title: Re: Desert puddles
Post by: Sean H on August 27, 2016, 02:10:20 pm
+1 and I liked the cloud on the right of the photo
Very good B/W.

Thierry
Title: Re: Desert puddles
Post by: MattBurt on August 29, 2016, 12:39:55 pm
Thanks for the comments! I also prefer the B&W. It was the kind of light that I think favors that treatment.
I also really liked that cloud and used the clarity brush in Lightroom to accentuate it.
Title: Re: Desert puddles
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 31, 2016, 05:01:47 am
Nice reflections.