Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Robert-Peter Westphal on August 21, 2016, 02:49:47 pm

Title: import of files with no colorspace into Lr
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on August 21, 2016, 02:49:47 pm
Hello,

I've got a cheap little tool which I currently use for scanning slides ( just memorial values ) which does not suport any color management. When I import the results ( TIF) into PS, it says that the file has no color space.

My question is, what does Lr do when I import such files ? Does it assume sRGB and convert it into ProPhoto RGB ?

Many thanks in advance !

Robert
Title: Re: import of files with no colorspace into Lr
Post by: Schewe on August 21, 2016, 04:22:06 pm
LR assumes sRGB but doesn't convert to PP RGB...the only conversion will be to whatever output color space you export or print to.
Title: Re: import of files with no colorspace into Lr
Post by: digitaldog on August 21, 2016, 04:49:25 pm
Does it assume sRGB and convert it into ProPhoto RGB ?
It assumes sRGB. What you do with that data, converting from that assumption is kind of up to you.
Title: Re: import of files with no colorspace into Lr
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on August 22, 2016, 12:00:59 am
Hello Jeff and Andrew,

Many thanks for your fast and good answer !

Br Robert