Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mousecop on August 20, 2016, 01:55:13 pm
-
Hey there, just wondering if anyone knows whether the ink tanks and maintenance cartridge for the Canon Pro-1000 can be recycled. I'm not seeing anything specific on the website.
Thanks
-
Hey there, just wondering if anyone knows whether the ink tanks and maintenance cartridge for the Canon Pro-1000 can be recycled. I'm not seeing anything specific on the website.
Thanks
AFAIK it depends entirely where you are - The plastic carts were fine for where I live in the UK, but it varies from city to city here.
Maintenance carts, I bin the wadding and put the plastic into the recycling bag.
That said I've seen no official info...
-
Hey there, just wondering if anyone knows whether the ink tanks and maintenance cartridge for the Canon Pro-1000 can be recycled.
Do you mean recycled as garbage or reset/reused? I am curious about the later because it is possible on the large IPF printers.
-
I am curious about the later because it is possible on the large IPF printers.
There's no service menu like in iPF x400 series :(
-
There's no service menu like in iPF x400 series :(
Really?!!
It is hard to accept it! I would easily believe if you said they removed the option to reset the maintenance tank, but not the entire service menu. Maybe the menu is there but the procedure to enter it is still a secret at this time... I wasn't able to find a service manual for this printer, but there must be one! And what about the large ones (2000, 4000), any info about they having the service menu?
Thanks.
-
Alrighty, so I made some calls to Canon.
They said that the ink tanks and maintenance cartridge can all be handled by normal household recycling. I hope they're right. ;)
-
There's no service menu like in iPF x400 series :(
Oh man. How do the techs service the printers then? Do they unlock the service mode with a USB dongle or something?
-
There's no service menu like in iPF x400 series :(
I didn't get to try with the PRO-1000, but is it not the same as for the PRO-2000 and larger?
You press the touch screen in a sequence whilst starting up and holding the power button down?