Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: huguito on August 16, 2016, 06:01:37 pm

Title: How to mount Pictorico Film?
Post by: huguito on August 16, 2016, 06:01:37 pm
I am making some small and medium size prints on Pictorico White Inkjet film and Clear Inkjet film
I would like to show them without glass, the material is very flimsy.
How would you mount it to a substrate to show?     
Can I dry mount to a board with my heat press without melting it?
Can I just glue the back to a piece of gatorboard?

I tried to hold flat by the corners and the whole thing display waves on the surface

Hugo
Title: Re: How to mount Pictorico Film?
Post by: huguito on August 17, 2016, 04:42:02 pm
Really?
Nobody had to mount a film like piece to a substrate for display?
Title: Re: How to mount Pictorico Film?
Post by: dgberg on August 17, 2016, 05:58:12 pm
I have printed a ton of pictorico with very mixed results.
One of my best clients saw some of my pictorico prints off my dye 1430.
They are stunning, by the way.
I mounted them on 3/8" gator using Seals Print Mount Ultra.
Tough if not impossible to get them perfectly smooth.
Do not even think of touching the prints as they smudge at the slightest touch.
I have had the most success face mounting them to acrylic, that works.
Title: Re: How to mount Pictorico Film?
Post by: huguito on August 17, 2016, 06:27:32 pm
Thanks Dan
I like the look of the pictorico's film surface and would like to keep it without glass
Did you try any kind of spray on them?  like the hanhemule(If thats the right spelling) or the premier spray?
Title: Re: How to mount Pictorico Film?
Post by: dgberg on August 17, 2016, 06:44:37 pm
I did try a solvent spray but the surface of the Pictorico is so pristine and smooth that I could not get it to work. Very minor spitting from the nozzle or fine particles of dust would make the print unsellable.