Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: drchevalier on August 16, 2016, 03:00:02 pm

Title: QUESTION : EPSON P800 Incomplete ink distribution at top / bottom of 17x22 print
Post by: drchevalier on August 16, 2016, 03:00:02 pm
Hello folks,

One of my good friends recently downsized from an Epson 4900 Pro to the P800.  He has encountered an issue I have never seen.  He is printing solely on cut sheet paper and I hope that one of you P800 owners / operators might have some insight. 

When he prints an 8x10, the print comes out exactly as expected.  However when he prints on 17x22 cut sheet the image is sized properly but the first couple of inches on the short side of the image are printing very light and the last couple of inches on the short side are also printing very light.  The rest of the image prints perfectly. 

He tells me he is printing selecting borderless, but still gets a very fine border.  On my 4900, I only get borderless on roll paper but I do not know if the P800 has the same characteristics.

If anyone can offer guidance, it will be sincerely appreciated.

Ross
Title: Re: QUESTION : EPSON P800 Incomplete ink distribution at top / bottom of 17x22 print
Post by: Mark D Segal on August 16, 2016, 04:45:09 pm
Has he done everything according to page 182 of the manual and noticed the warning on page 194?