Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on August 15, 2016, 01:27:06 pm
-
Although not the main contingent of our 17-year cicadas, the brood V cicadas of 2016 are making their presence heard throughout the area around Baltimore. I managed to get one to pose for a class photo, and here are the results.
Thank you for viewing, and please feel free to leave comments.
Best regards,
Bob
-
Bob,
Wonderful portraits. Thank you.
The bodies of these creatures are so surprisingly colorful they remind me of the painted snails of the Caribbean.
Richard
-
Nicely done, Bob. These are amazing creatures.
-
Thank you Richard and Arlen. Re: color -- Maybe it's my imagination, but this year's brood appears to have stronger colors than the ones the I last saw (in 2004, if my memory is right).
-
I was relaxing on my backyard deck and realized that not everyone has heard the sound cicadas make. Here's a short mp3 to give you an idea. Excuse the background noise, but there are multiple ACs and cars, etc in my immediate vicinity. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/urzg08q6dddimdx/160818%20Cicadas.mp3?dl=0. Enjoy.