Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: biker on August 13, 2016, 04:21:56 pm

Title: Loner & Geometry
Post by: biker on August 13, 2016, 04:21:56 pm
I don't expect standing ovations here. These are rubbish pictures, at least the "geometry" one.

But the sky was spectacular. My eyes love evenings like this but my camera doesn't seem to cooperate. The results look boring or even simply wrong.
I wonder if there are some tips how to take and post-process scenes like this? The "Loner" exposure was -2/3 EV and the "Geometry" was -4/3 EV. A lot of editing could be done on RAWs but I don't know what do I want.
While there are myriads of golden hour and sunset shots and not a few night shots on the internet, the time in between seems to be ignored by most of photographers. But if human eyes can enjoy this kind of light, there must be a way to capture it.
Title: Re: Loner & Geometry
Post by: petermfiore on August 13, 2016, 09:28:15 pm
Does this get a litte closer to what you had in mind...?

Peter
Title: Re: Loner & Geometry
Post by: biker on August 14, 2016, 03:31:58 pm
Thanks, Peter.
I see - the sky was probably too dark. Looks definitely better than my attempt but I'm still not sure if it really looks like the real scene.

And sorry, here are RAWs if someone wanted to play with:
Loner RAW/NEF (https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am_4ApUd-npcjw7i7MepIXPLYnMk)
Geometry RAW/NEF (https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am_4ApUd-npcjw9kQCnKu4li99TS)

Note: Both pictures need some cropping.
Thanks in advance.