Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on August 12, 2016, 06:10:54 pm

Title: Summer Falls
Post by: mseawell on August 12, 2016, 06:10:54 pm
One of my recent discoveries in Ogden Canyon, Utah. After unsuccessfully photographing the August meteor shower (epic fail) I came to this sight on my way home. The wind is always whipping in this canyon and this morning was no exception. Still, I enjoyed the view.

Mark
Title: Re: Summer Falls
Post by: MattBurt on August 12, 2016, 06:17:52 pm
Very nice. Just the right amount of motion blur and the processing looks great!
At least you didn't come home empty handed.
Title: Re: Summer Falls
Post by: mseawell on August 12, 2016, 06:22:03 pm
Thanks Matt! I have VERY little experience with capturing meteor shots or long exposure for that matter. I have the Olympus E-5MKII and I know you can actually set it to show you the actual long exposure or composite on the screen as it builds and stop it when you are happy. Sounds great. Getting it to work is something else completely! ;) But it works, I'm the issue.

Mark
Title: Re: Summer Falls
Post by: MattBurt on August 12, 2016, 06:28:39 pm
I like to do my blending later and just take lots of individual shots. That way I can post a single one like I did this morning and when I have time start stacking for trails or making composites to show multiple meteors. It's also easier to manage 20s shots instead of longer ones.
Title: Re: Summer Falls
Post by: mseawell on August 12, 2016, 06:30:22 pm
Good to know! Thanking you.

Mark
Title: Re: Summer Falls
Post by: Cornfield on August 13, 2016, 04:28:05 am
Nice image well processed.  The foreground rocks have a nice silver look.
Title: Re: Summer Falls
Post by: Bob_B on August 13, 2016, 08:31:18 am
+1. I too like the metallic quality on the rocks.
Title: Re: Summer Falls
Post by: Sean H on August 13, 2016, 08:37:03 pm
+ 1