Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on August 12, 2016, 05:24:36 am

Title: Little Monument Valley
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on August 12, 2016, 05:24:36 am
The meanders of Antelope Canyon in Arizona hide many images, sculpted by wind and water. As incredible as it may seems, there is also a little Monument Valley!

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/6Z12477.jpg)

With the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm. Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: philaitman on August 12, 2016, 05:28:29 am
Quite beautiful and almost abstract :)
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: stamper on August 12, 2016, 05:54:37 am
Spectacular. Amazing processing. One to be proud of.
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: Sean H on August 12, 2016, 08:23:44 am
Its beauty may lie in the abstraction, which verges on the mathematical. A stunning shot.

Quite beautiful and almost abstract :)
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 12, 2016, 08:57:09 am
Yes, stunning indeed.
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 12, 2016, 10:06:43 am
Wonderful.
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: James Clark on August 12, 2016, 10:55:50 am
Strong work. 
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: MattBurt on August 12, 2016, 11:01:53 am
Love it!
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: Peter McLennan on August 12, 2016, 11:32:22 am
One of the best images I`ve ever seen of this iconic location.
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: framah on August 12, 2016, 05:09:14 pm
Dam you!!! :o

Now i have to schedule a trip back to Lower Antelope!!!   ;D
Been years and keep trying to find time to head back out.

This is a FANTASTIC shot!!!

I also took a shot up into the canyon and got as much of an abstract as you did but this is an even better look up.
Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: pluton on August 13, 2016, 02:46:55 am
This is the first different shot I've seen out of all the photos taken of this very tired subject.  Bravo...
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: Shakyphoto (Slim) on August 13, 2016, 09:36:02 pm
I agree with all, good job.
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 14, 2016, 04:47:26 am
Visually stunning & engaging. You couldn't really ask for more from an image.
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: luxborealis on August 15, 2016, 08:07:09 am
In a word: Perfect.

Reminiscent of Georgia O'Keefe's flowers.
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on August 17, 2016, 06:56:25 am
Quite beautiful and almost abstract :)

Thank you Phil, glad you enjoyed it :D You are right, Antelope has a tendency to inspire abstract images ;)

Spectacular. Amazing processing. One to be proud of.

Many thanks stamper, I am pretty happy with this one myself :D Looks great printed big!

Its beauty may lie in the abstraction, which verges on the mathematical. A stunning shot.


Thank you very much Sean, much appreciated! :D

Yes, stunning indeed.


Thank you Eric, very kind! :D

Wonderful.

Many thanks Paulo, I really appreciate it :D

Strong work. 

Thank you James, glad you enjoyed it :D

Love it!

Thank you Matt! :D

One of the best images I`ve ever seen of this iconic location.

Many thanks Peter, you are too kind :D

Dam you!!! :o

Now i have to schedule a trip back to Lower Antelope!!!   ;D
Been years and keep trying to find time to head back out.

This is a FANTASTIC shot!!!

I also took a shot up into the canyon and got as much of an abstract as you did but this is an even better look up.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you framah, glad you enjoyed it! :D If you want to come back, why don't you join us next February? I'll PM you about it.

This is the first different shot I've seen out of all the photos taken of this very tired subject.  Bravo...

Many thanks pluton, it is always difficult to approach such photographed locations and try to do something different with it, glad if i could make it :D

I agree with all, good job.

Thank you very much Slim! :D

Visually stunning & engaging. You couldn't really ask for more from an image.

Thank you Bill, that's very kind! :D

In a word: Perfect.

Reminiscent of Georgia O'Keefe's flowers.

Thank you luxborealis, I have to admit I didn't think about Georgia O'Keefe myself, but now that you mentioned it I went and looked at her work again and I can see your point :D

Thanks again everyone, best

Vieri
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: graeme on August 17, 2016, 07:01:27 am
This is the first different shot I've seen out of all the photos taken of this very tired subject.  Bravo...

+1
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on August 19, 2016, 01:32:37 pm
+1

Thank you very much Graeme! :D
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: mseawell on August 20, 2016, 08:18:46 am
This is simply a stunning image of light. Well captured and should be printed if not already.

Mark
Title: Re: Little Monument Valley
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on August 21, 2016, 03:55:03 am
This is simply a stunning image of light. Well captured and should be printed if not already.

Mark

Thank you very much Mark, glad you enjoyed it! :D I love prints, I believe that a photograph is best viewed and enjoyed on paper and I do print all my images before considering them finished. Normally I print A3 or A2, according to the subject matter, with my Canon 6400; this one, after doing my print tests, I had printed A1 on metal :D Hope to get it soon, can't wait to see it!

Thanks again, best

Vieri