Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Barbleephoto on August 11, 2016, 12:29:31 pm

Title: Waffle Pattern in one print area
Post by: Barbleephoto on August 11, 2016, 12:29:31 pm
I have printed this file, which was originally a raw file processing in LR and PS, and then saved as a master layers PSD file, many times.  I have a sharpening and sizing action that I have used for 5 years with no problems.  This week, when I printed this on my 9890, this waffling appeared in only a small area on the lower right hand side of the image.  I have done some troubleshooting - it turns out not to be a 9890 issue since the file slice I have been testing has the same waffling result on both the 3880 and 9890.  SO...it must be a file issue.  BUT...I see nothing on my computer screen and I have not changed either the original file or the action.

I am mystified!  Can someone please help me shed some light on this problem?  I sell my work at art shows and this has been a strong seller, I hate to remove it from my inventory!

Below is a photo of the problem.  (I am new here, tried to attach two photos, but it won't let me?  I may send another photo in a followup post)  Thanks so much!

Barbara Lee
www.barbleephoto.com
Title: Re: Waffle Pattern in one print area
Post by: howardm on August 11, 2016, 12:48:34 pm
What paper(s) are being used here? (on both, the 3880 and the 98xx)
Title: Re: Waffle Pattern in one print area
Post by: Barbleephoto on August 11, 2016, 07:34:38 pm
The paper is hot press natural.