Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: PeterAit on August 11, 2016, 10:46:45 am

Title: Forum filter?
Post by: PeterAit on August 11, 2016, 10:46:45 am
I wonder if the site programmers can implement a “forum filter.” This would allow each member to specify, in their profile settings, which forums are and are not shown in the “recent unread topics” list. I am uninterested in about 1/3 of the forums, I suspect other members are similar. A minor convenience, but surely doable?
Title: Re: Forum filter?
Post by: Kevin Raber on August 11, 2016, 12:49:52 pm
The forum software is a commercial program.  Changes like you request which I think is a good idea has to be made by the software developers.  Our ability to customize the forum software is limited.  I'll have our web guys put a request in though.
Title: Re: Forum filter?
Post by: Otto Phocus on August 12, 2016, 07:04:46 am
Only 1/3rd?  I am not interested in most of the threads here, but I just don't open them.  I don't think we need a software fix for something completely under our control.

Usually I can tell that I am not interested in a thread by either its title or the author.  Makes it pretty easy to skip.
Title: Re: Forum filter?
Post by: PeterAit on August 12, 2016, 09:23:38 am
Only 1/3rd?  I am not interested in most of the threads here, but I just don't open them.  I don't think we need a software fix for something completely under our control.

Usually I can tell that I am not interested in a thread by either its title or the author.  Makes it pretty easy to skip.

Well, I do that too, of course, but given that I am never interested in threads in Medium format, Capture Raw, and several other forums, I don't need to see the threads in my unread threads list.
Title: Re: Forum filter?
Post by: pegelli on August 12, 2016, 09:45:27 am
Only 1/3rd?  I am not interested in most of the threads here, but I just don't open them.  I don't think we need a software fix for something completely under our control.

Usually I can tell that I am not interested in a thread by either its title or the author.  Makes it pretty easy to skip.
I'm the same as you, I only open what interests me.
But I'm fine with a filter if it helps others, For me I will set it as course as possible so I still see everything.