Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: OutdoorsLover on August 11, 2016, 09:46:53 am
-
Greetings,
I'm in Varenna on Lake Como, Italy for the next few days, and I'm looking for great locations to visit, and photograph. I didn't do any research before arriving - shame on me!
Thanks in advance!
Jeff
-
By ferry to Bellagio (Villa Melzi and Villa Serbelloni) and Tremezzo (Villa Carlotta). A wonderful view of the lake from Alpe Giumello, in Valsassina Valley: from Varenna to Bellano, from Bellano to Valsassina Valley on the Valvarrone road.
http://www.capannavittoria.it/Dove.aspx
As outdoor lover you can't miss Premana in Valsassina. It is an old beautiful mountain village with a very old industrial tradition in the metalworking and of great value from an ethnological point of view. Premana succeeded in retaining its old traditions and in conserving the natural environment while being competitive in the international markets. In Premana is located Camp, an internationally well known producer of mountain and outdoor gear (you can visit the outlet).
-
Varenna was the first town my wife and I stayed on our first trip to Italy 30 odd years ago. Can't remember specific places, but the town was wonderful and we took the little car ferries and probably visited most of the above. Hope it is still as beautiful.