Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: uppy61 on August 10, 2016, 04:54:30 am

Title: After a bad start to the day
Post by: uppy61 on August 10, 2016, 04:54:30 am
So I woke up and logged on, what can I say, I had received my first bit of this forum hate... I say hate, I've had worse but I really did think everyone on this site was fine until 30 minutes ago.

Anyways onwards and upwards i'm not one to let it bother me for to long so I thought I would share this image I captured in the New Forest National Park while running a 1-2-1 workshop last autumn.

Hope you all like

www.muphotographiclandscapes.com
Title: Re: After a bad start to the day
Post by: Otto Phocus on August 10, 2016, 06:26:56 am
So I woke up and logged on, what can I say, I had received my first bit of this forum hate... I say hate, I've had worse but I really did think everyone on this site was fine until 30 minutes ago.


If you are expecting civility, you may have been unwise in your choice of forums. 

Good luck with it.  Haters are going to hate no matter what you do so you might as well ignore them.
Title: Re: After a bad start to the day
Post by: uppy61 on August 10, 2016, 06:29:16 am
Oh no I don't mind it not being all compliments at all, far from it. Just the way it was dealt with earlier that is all.

It's no issues in the slightest, sat at the gallery waiting for a meeting at the moment so catching up on here.
Title: Re: After a bad start to the day
Post by: Sean H on August 10, 2016, 08:41:53 am
Dear Mark, most people here enjoy and value your work. Please do not let one annoying person spoil your wonderful contribution. S/he couldn't possibly understand how hard you work to get such great shots.

Title: Re: After a bad start to the day
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 10, 2016, 09:06:52 am
Sorry about the bad start to your day. But I really like the photo. Thanks for sharing it.
Title: Re: After a bad start to the day
Post by: Rory on August 10, 2016, 10:52:12 am
I had received my first bit of this forum hate... I say hate, I've had worse but I really did think everyone on this site was fine until 30 minutes ago.

Nice image.  Makes me wish I could be there for that magic light.

BTW, I had absolutely no idea what you were referring to regarding the hate thing.  I searched your posts and I'm guessing it is the comments about the website with the spelling issues.  Please do not give up on this forum as most of the members are polite, but you can also expect them to speak their mind.  I thought the responses were a little tough, but on the other hand, good information, as the website quality surely reflects back on the underlying business.

Without the body language and tone, web communication can seem a little harsh, especially first thing in the morning.  I think an example of that is your reaction, suggesting "hate".  Perhaps a little harsh too.

Best of luck with the printing thing and keep showing us your scapes.
Title: Re: After a bad start to the day
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 10, 2016, 11:35:13 am
Delicate flowers are best when photographed, not for forum debates ;)
Title: Re: After a bad start to the day
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 11, 2016, 04:46:04 am
Nice light and colours.
Title: Re: After a bad start to the day
Post by: luxborealis on August 15, 2016, 08:13:19 am
Great photograph. Thanks for sharing. What a great way to continue the day.
Title: Re: After a bad start to the day
Post by: Azmike1 on August 15, 2016, 10:20:52 pm
What a beautiful photo and the tones are just perfect!   Thanks so much for making my day and I hope yours improved a lot.