Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on August 09, 2016, 03:57:35 am

Title: Happy days???
Post by: stamper on August 09, 2016, 03:57:35 am
Hopefully...a story?
Title: Re: Happy days???
Post by: brianrybolt on August 09, 2016, 05:39:43 am
Hopefully...a story?

Well maybe - an illustration perhaps.  The image looks completely over sharpened or poorly up-sized.
Title: Re: Happy days???
Post by: stamper on August 09, 2016, 10:19:11 am
Well maybe - an illustration perhaps.  The image looks completely over sharpened or poorly up-sized.

I have sized it as I have done for a long time. A lot of members are having trouble finding a size that fits the computer screen. It is either too small initially or when clicked upon magnifies too much.
Title: Re: Happy days???
Post by: stamper on August 09, 2016, 10:31:26 am
Resized and hopefully better?
Title: Re: Happy days???
Post by: brianrybolt on August 09, 2016, 10:34:18 am
Hi,

It looks blotchy and very high contrast.  I'm on a 27inch iMac and the monitor is very good and calibrated. 
I also looked at the shot on Flicker and it appears the same.

Brian
Title: Re: Happy days???
Post by: Peter McLennan on August 09, 2016, 12:30:39 pm
Agreed on the post processing.  Too much clarity? 

Content-wise, I like it. A telling moment well captured.
Title: Re: Happy days???
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 09, 2016, 01:43:26 pm
A modern-day Medusa? ;)
Title: Re: Happy days???
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 09, 2016, 02:41:18 pm
So maybe the post processing isn't up to the Pixel-Peepers' Standard. So what?

The image has a lot going for it. The variety of expression and body language invite lots of interpretations.
I like it.
Title: Re: Happy days???
Post by: brianrybolt on August 09, 2016, 05:20:04 pm
The so what is:  It takes away from the strength of the image.

Brian
Title: Re: Happy days???
Post by: degrub on August 09, 2016, 07:12:20 pm
too many stories.....
Title: Re: Happy days???
Post by: stamper on August 10, 2016, 03:32:50 am
It looks like I used too much clarity and something I will be wary of in the future. Thanks for the feedback and a lesson learned.