Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: James Clark on August 08, 2016, 07:02:39 pm

Title: White Sands View
Post by: James Clark on August 08, 2016, 07:02:39 pm
I recently spent some time in White Sands NM, and was lucky enough to a) get a day with some great cloud cover, and b) find this fellow explorer who was wearing the exact right colors.
Title: Re: White Sands View
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 08, 2016, 10:44:39 pm
Serendipity.
Title: Re: White Sands View
Post by: framah on August 09, 2016, 01:57:48 pm
I hope you also took one without him in it!!
Title: Re: White Sands View
Post by: Peter McLennan on August 09, 2016, 08:56:50 pm
Okay then.  I'll stir things up a little...

Would this image be better if the figure was wearing something red?
Title: Re: White Sands View
Post by: James Clark on August 09, 2016, 09:13:47 pm
I hope you also took one without him in it!!

I took dozens ;)
Title: Re: White Sands View
Post by: James Clark on August 09, 2016, 09:14:50 pm
Okay then.  I'll stir things up a little...

Would this image be better if the figure was wearing something red?

Not an unreasonable thought, and one I had as well.  I think one could argue either way, but certainly the effect would be different.  Personally, I tend more toward the limited, harmonious color palette in most of my compositions, but you're not wrong at all...