Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: PBC on August 08, 2016, 03:22:21 pm

Title: Haukland, Lofoten Islands, Norway No. 2
Post by: PBC on August 08, 2016, 03:22:21 pm
Still going through my images from Norway last February (and practicing my processing!) and this is another one at Haukland (but a different day; still blizzards coming in every now and again from the right of the frame)....

Title: Re: Haukland, Lofoten Islands, Norway No. 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 08, 2016, 06:15:44 pm
I like it. I bet you could add a bit more drama to the sky, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Haukland, Lofoten Islands, Norway No. 2
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 08, 2016, 10:45:48 pm
Very good image. How about B&W?
Title: Re: Haukland, Lofoten Islands, Norway No. 2
Post by: PBC on August 09, 2016, 05:26:26 pm
Hmm, not considered b&w - may give it ago and if I like it will post it here.
Title: Re: Haukland, Lofoten Islands, Norway No. 2
Post by: philaitman on August 10, 2016, 04:06:17 am
This is rare for me to say but I don't mind the slightly subdued sky or the colour. I believe the sky balances the textured foreground and the colour is so close to monochromatic it causes your eye to seek out the little hints of colour in there.

It's a great image and whichever way you go wont' change that.
Title: Re: Haukland, Lofoten Islands, Norway No. 2
Post by: Sean H on August 10, 2016, 08:43:55 am
+1

This is rare for me to say but I don't mind the slightly subdued sky or the colour. I believe the sky balances the textured foreground and the colour is so close to monochromatic it causes your eye to seek out the little hints of colour in there.

It's a great image and whichever way you go wont' change that.
Title: Re: Haukland, Lofoten Islands, Norway No. 2
Post by: David Anderson on August 11, 2016, 07:19:06 am
Nice.
Looks like a cool spot - literally..  8)
Title: Re: Haukland, Lofoten Islands, Norway No. 2
Post by: luxborealis on August 15, 2016, 08:09:55 am
Gorgeous. Gorgeous light. Gorgeous colour, gorgeous movement. Gorgeous composition.

Thanks for sharing. It gives all if something to aspire to.
Title: Re: Haukland, Lofoten Islands, Norway No. 2
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 15, 2016, 09:29:48 am
Superb
Title: Re: Haukland, Lofoten Islands, Norway No. 2
Post by: PBC on August 15, 2016, 05:31:57 pm
Thanks all appreciate the kind words