Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: AndrewKelley on August 07, 2016, 12:57:30 am

Title: Luster Roll Paper Options in ~10 inch size?
Post by: AndrewKelley on August 07, 2016, 12:57:30 am
A fair bit of my art show sales are 8x10 bin prints, for which I've used the Epson 10" premium luster rolls. After happily using Epson Premium Luster for several years, it looks like I'm switching to a Canon printer. (Long story related to head clogs and bad customer service.)  It doesn't appear that Canon has a luster roll paper in a 10" width. (Roll paper is important - I don't have the time or patience to feed 40 or 50 sheets of 8.5x11 through my printer each week.) What are the most popular options these days? Breathing Color has a 10" luster, though presently out of stock. Lexjet has the Sunset paper in that size. Moab and Canson don't appear to have anything smaller than 17".  Or, I suppose, I could continue using Epson paper with a custom profile.  Thoughts/suggestions? 

Thanks,

Andrew
Title: Re: Luster Roll Paper Options in ~10 inch size?
Post by: howardm on August 07, 2016, 01:16:19 am
I'd go the custom profile route w/ Epson paper
Title: Re: Luster Roll Paper Options in ~10 inch size?
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on August 07, 2016, 04:52:22 am
Or first try settings + profiles of the three Canon papers highlighted in this SpectrumViz screenshot when you use the Epson paper on the Canon printer


Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
July 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Title: Re: Luster Roll Paper Options in ~10 inch size?
Post by: Ken Doo on August 07, 2016, 10:54:14 am
Epson, Breathing Color, and Kodak Professional Lustre are good 10" roll options.
Title: Re: Luster Roll Paper Options in ~10 inch size?
Post by: AndrewKelley on August 07, 2016, 02:13:28 pm
Thanks, everyone.