Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on August 06, 2016, 12:09:56 pm

Title: Long Day
Post by: seamus finn on August 06, 2016, 12:09:56 pm

-

Title: Re: Long Day
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 06, 2016, 01:23:10 pm
Another terrific, powerful shot.
I think your have a radar device on your camera that seeks out scenes like these.

I have to wonder: Is the smiling one across the table really still as relaxed and cheerful as she appears? Or does she have so much more stamina than either of the two on this side of the table?
Title: Re: Long Day
Post by: seamus finn on August 06, 2016, 02:15:55 pm


Eric,

As I observed somewhere else, photography is all about  street.

|n my humble opinion, every memorable photograph ever taken has street element in it somewhere.

Title: Re: Long Day
Post by: RSL on August 06, 2016, 03:06:09 pm
Splendid shot, Seamus. And I agree.
Title: Re: Long Day
Post by: Andrew David on August 07, 2016, 03:47:08 am
Excellent work, I love the tones and the contrasting expressions. I'd perhaps crop out the vase and flower to the left, as it's a little too distracting to me and could help further emphasise the key subject, but regardless I really like this shot.
Title: Re: Long Day
Post by: GrahamBy on August 07, 2016, 04:14:54 am
Standing ovation Seamus... outstanding.
Title: Re: Long Day
Post by: stamper on August 07, 2016, 04:35:49 am
You are finding good subjects and that is the hardest thing to do in photography. Of course your processing skills helps a lot. A winner!
Title: Re: Long Day
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 07, 2016, 01:48:56 pm
It's possible to interpret it as, on this side of the table, a child sulking, behind whom is a cheerful woman who seems to be smiling and who happens to have her hand on her head as a pose rather than suggesting tiredness. As Russ is so keen to point out, ambiguity lies at the heart of street photography.

Jeremy