Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Neil Williams on August 05, 2016, 09:58:22 am
-
Well I'm heading back to Tanzania in Feb for another 9 day safari. Last time I went in January this year I took WAY to much gear. Below is what I took;
Nikon D810 with 600mm f4 lens attached
Nikon D4s with 300mm f2.8 attached
Nikon D800 with 70/200mm f2.8 attached
Nikon 14/24 f2.8 loose
Wimberly head
That was about it.
Getting all that to Tanzania from Malaysia was ugly, especially when I took the local flight from Dar Salam to Kilimanjaro ........bribes were involved then air stewardess's getting pissed off.
While on Safari I used the;
600mm 90% of the time
300mm 3% of the time
70/200mm 10% of the time
14/24mm siltch
This time I am taking;
Nikon D5 with 600mm attached
Leica S 120mm attached
Leica Q
Wimberly head
I still expect to use the 600mm 90% of the time and the rest with the Leica 120mm......my favourite lens ever :)
I am really hoping to get some nice animal scapes with my Leica S and maybe even some big animal close ups..............
My Q will get any camp pictures and maybe an odd landscape as well.
Has anyone else taken Leica S on Safari??
Neil
-
Aloha,
I went on your site, I only got to the zebra image.
question, is that a zebra fly by the hind end the markings are perfect!
-
is that a zebra fly by the hind end the markings are perfect!
Yes Sir
-
A beautiful image; they look almost like twins.
-
Getting all that to Tanzania from Malaysia was ugly, especially when I took the local flight from Dar Salam to Kilimanjaro ........bribes were involved then air stewardess's getting pissed off.
While on Safari I used the;
600mm 90% of the time
300mm 3% of the time
70/200mm 10% of the time
14/24mm siltch
Hey ND:
You actually created time :-) 90+3+10= 103%
Good info to know as will probably head on over for Safari first time as a more serious photographer.