Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on August 03, 2016, 05:48:08 pm

Title: Early morning haze
Post by: MattBurt on August 03, 2016, 05:48:08 pm
Our son had a sleepover last night so my wife and I went out for sunrise together this morning to a nearby recreation area. It was a nice but not overtly spectacular sunrise with a lot of smoke haze from fires elsewhere. I've been enjoying finding layers to visually "stack up" with a long lens when it's hazy like this. Being a wide shooter a lot of the time it's a nice change for my compositional sense to go long.
(https://c5.staticflickr.com/9/8828/28124543204_9e7e75c51e_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/JRgCRj)IMGP4356-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/JRgCRj) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Early morning haze
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 03, 2016, 06:20:28 pm
Subtle tonalities, simple composition, beautiful, quiet moment. Well done. The sunlit rocks in the foreground make it.
Title: Re: Early morning haze
Post by: Bob_B on August 03, 2016, 06:36:56 pm
+1. The long lens was a great choice. The smoke-induced haze added a pastoral layering that I find very appealing.
Title: Re: Early morning haze
Post by: Arlen on August 03, 2016, 08:53:52 pm
I agree, it's beautiful.
Title: Re: Early morning haze
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 03, 2016, 09:06:17 pm
Subtle tonalities, simple composition, beautiful, quiet moment. Well done. The sunlit rocks in the foreground make it.
+1.
Title: Re: Early morning haze
Post by: MattBurt on August 03, 2016, 11:34:40 pm
Thanks all!
It's a great area for photography and all kinds of other fun activities. One of my favorite places and very close to home.
Since sunrise it's clouded up and we've had torrential rain for a few hours now so I bet the fires will die down, which is always good to see.
Title: Re: Early morning haze
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 04, 2016, 04:14:50 am
Good and soft light receding in the distance, well done.
Title: Re: Early morning haze
Post by: biker on August 04, 2016, 05:01:42 pm
I agree, it's beautiful.
100% true.
Title: Re: Early morning haze
Post by: francois on August 05, 2016, 06:35:06 am
Everything has been done and it's truly a beauty!
Congrats.