Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: homedoc on August 03, 2016, 04:43:30 pm

Title: Epson 9880 does not power up
Post by: homedoc on August 03, 2016, 04:43:30 pm
Hi all,

I hope somebody will recognize this issue and have a solution. The printer was working fine until yesterday. I powered it up, but nothing happened, no data on lcd display, etc. I checked the power input and the fuse on the power supply and both were fine. I noticed that the low voltage portion of the power supply board is working properly because the chips on its heat sink are warm.

My understanding is that the low voltage portion of the power supply board supplies the main board and the main board then enables the other two supplies on the power supply board .
Title: Re: Epson 9880 does not power up
Post by: Wayne Fox on August 03, 2016, 10:02:57 pm
Hi all,

I hope somebody will recognize this issue and have a solution. The printer was working fine until yesterday. I powered it up, but nothing happened, no data on lcd display, etc. I checked the power input and the fuse on the power supply and both were fine. I noticed that the low voltage portion of the power supply board is working properly because the chips on its heat sink are warm.

My understanding is that the low voltage portion of the power supply board supplies the main board and the main board then enables the other two supplies on the power supply board .
i think I've heard there is also a fuse on the "motherboard" or whatever you call the main board of the printer.