Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on August 02, 2016, 12:30:12 am

Title: Austurbjallar
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 02, 2016, 12:30:12 am
Austurbjallar (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/08/02/austurbjallar/) - southcentral Highlands of Iceland.

Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 02, 2016, 04:20:46 am
I like both, the patterns made by the greens and snow are very nice. I would burn the sky a little bit, in places it seems too bright, and there is no limit with the snow.
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: thierrylegros396 on August 02, 2016, 04:36:08 am
I like both, the patterns made by the greens and snow are very nice. I would burn the sky a little bit, in places it seems too bright, and there is no limit with the snow.

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 02, 2016, 04:55:16 am
+2
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: graeme on August 02, 2016, 05:50:42 am
The second image is very striking. Agree with the comments about darkening the sky ( but only slightly ).
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: stamper on August 02, 2016, 05:57:45 am
Normally I would agree about darkening the sky but in this instance I think it might distract from the foreground. Both images are fine as they are imo.
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: Sean H on August 02, 2016, 08:07:54 am
+ 3 and a fascinating landscape too.

I like both, the patterns made by the greens and snow are very nice. I would burn the sky a little bit, in places it seems too bright, and there is no limit with the snow.
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: nma on August 03, 2016, 08:33:41 am
Really beautiful images that may be seen as representational but in my view provide very pleasing abstract patterns
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: sdwilsonsct on August 03, 2016, 08:50:18 am
I like how the high key treatment has produced a watercolour type effect.
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: philaitman on August 03, 2016, 09:03:06 am
They're beautiful, I'm happy with the skies brightness I find the colours and the brightness of the snow are enough to keep my eye from wandering to the brighter areas of the skies.
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: PeterAit on August 03, 2016, 05:33:19 pm
Austurbjallar (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/08/02/austurbjallar/) - southcentral Highlands of Iceland.

The scenes and composition are great. But (having just come back from Iceland) the colors looks a bit over-processed to me. And the blank sky is an issue, as others have mentioned. I would not gray it down, just crop out most of it.
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 03, 2016, 05:39:40 pm
Thank you very much to all of you for the remarks and critiques.
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: leeonmaui on August 04, 2016, 07:36:47 pm
Aloha,
High Key processing moves from fashion photography to fine art landscape photography, cool!
Title: Re: Austurbjallar
Post by: francois on August 05, 2016, 07:45:41 am
I like them both and I'm not bothered by the sky at all. This way, it helps keep the focus on the hills/mountains.