Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on August 01, 2016, 03:11:22 pm

Title: man and clouds
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 01, 2016, 03:11:22 pm
Comments?

Jeremy
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: graeme on August 01, 2016, 04:34:26 pm
Well seen.
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: seamus finn on August 01, 2016, 05:22:42 pm
Very nice indeed!
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: Zorki5 on August 01, 2016, 08:01:01 pm
Good composition, gorgeous (complimentary) colors; orange sleeves matching cloud color look like very nice touch.
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: David Eckels on August 01, 2016, 08:21:55 pm
Outstanding, Jeremy!
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 02, 2016, 12:48:17 am
Beautiful.

I think it can perhaps be made stronger, by burning the upper left edges that are too bright and bringing the focus to the illuminated cloud and the lone figure.
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 02, 2016, 01:34:47 am
Your best.
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: stamper on August 02, 2016, 02:54:37 am
The praise is well merited.
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: Bob_B on August 02, 2016, 08:23:51 am
+1. Very powerful.
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 02, 2016, 02:25:22 pm
Thanks very much, all. Rajan, interesting point. I'll give it a try.

Jeremy
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: RSL on August 02, 2016, 02:35:08 pm
.
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 02, 2016, 02:39:31 pm
A bit too much for my taste, Russ. You've altered the balance of brightness in the coloured cloud.

I had a rather more subtle change in mind (and it's not often that I'm more subtle than anyone).

Jeremy
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: RSL on August 02, 2016, 03:45:25 pm
It's a call shot, Jeremy. As my Thai housegirl used to say: "Tsup to you."
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: dchew on August 02, 2016, 04:59:02 pm
Great shot Jeremy!

For a small fee I will sign a release.
 ;D

Dave
One of these would do it:
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 02, 2016, 07:40:45 pm
Yes, it is a great shot Jeremy. I prefer your own revision to either your original or Russ's version.
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: RSL on August 02, 2016, 07:51:31 pm
What I tried to do was to put the emphasis on the man. But it's Jeremy's (quite good) picture and he wants the emphasis on the cloud and the clear sky above it. Tsup to him. I like it either way.
Title: Re: man and clouds
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 03, 2016, 02:24:46 pm
Great shot Jeremy!

For a small fee I will sign a release.
 ;D

Dave
One of these would do it:

I won't be able to get hold of that until I return to Iceland (of which I dream), but I'll buy you a beer if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, particularly since my camera was on the tripod you kindly lent to me when I took the shot.

Jeremy