Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: NickXavi on July 28, 2016, 01:36:40 pm
-
In a few months Epson has updated the firmware of my P800 I think 4 times, maybe I've lost count.
I think this attention well by Epson.
But I have not the slightest idea that has been done, Epson does not provide any information.
Anyone have any idea about what has been done with this updates?
Thank you!
-
In a few months Epson has updated the firmware of my P800 I think 4 times, maybe I've lost count.
I think this attention well by Epson.
But I have not the slightest idea that has been done, Epson does not provide any information.
Anyone have any idea about what has been done with this updates?
Thank you!
Thanks for the heads-up. I just updated the firmware on both P800 and P600 printers.
Perhaps Mark or Jeff will have some insight on what the changes were re the firmware updates.
Rand
-
read the information carefully ... from Epson ...
Description: This file contains the Recovery Mode Firmware Update version OR30G6 for the Epson SureColor P800.
Notes:
This firmware update should only be used if your printer's control panel displays a Recovery Mode error.
A USB cable is required.
Make sure no other USB devices are connected to the computer during the update process.
Do not unplug, power-off or attempt to use the printer during the update process.
This update may take up to 15 minutes to complete.
-
read the information carefully ... from Epson ...
Description: This file contains the Recovery Mode Firmware Update version OR30G6 for the Epson SureColor P800.
Notes:
This firmware update should only be used if your printer's control panel displays a Recovery Mode error.
A USB cable is required.
Make sure no other USB devices are connected to the computer during the update process.
Do not unplug, power-off or attempt to use the printer during the update process.
This update may take up to 15 minutes to complete.
What the heck, where did you read that? There's nothing on the upadater app in that regard.
Rand
-
What the heck, where did you read that? There's nothing on the upadater app in that regard.
Rand
that's a copy/paste from Epson USA download site. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=273233&infoType=Downloads
If you click on Firmware and then click the plus you will see it.
Seems very odd to me ...
-
The explanation of the latest firmware is almost zero, or very cryptic at minimum.
And the rest of firmware updates?
It's funny and surprising the lack of information from Epson to its customers.
Thanks!
-
that's a copy/paste from Epson USA download site. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=273233&infoType=Downloads
If you click on Firmware and then click the plus you will see it.
Seems very odd to me ...
Wayne,
Thanks. Within the driver's "check for updates" app, accessed from the utilities tab, there is zero information. It only shows new firmware to be installed. No warning about any it being unnecessary, absent some fault showing on the printer display.
It is, indeed, very odd.
Rand