Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jharrisonphoto on July 26, 2016, 12:09:50 pm

Title: Artwork signs/placards
Post by: jharrisonphoto on July 26, 2016, 12:09:50 pm
I have a client who would like some artwork signs/placards similar to the one attached to be installed with my images.  They are looking for a nice high-end look.
I am including a sample they saw but haven't been able to find a vendor to do something like this. Any suggestions?   I don't want plastic signs from tap plastics (at least don't think so)
This looks like possible uv printed on acrylic?!  Any suggestions/feedback is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
John
Title: Re: Artwork signs/placards
Post by: Wayne Fox on July 26, 2016, 05:14:42 pm
Maybe a trophy shop?  We do little signs for artwork all the time, the trophy shop has many options ...
Title: Re: Artwork signs/placards
Post by: samoore on July 26, 2016, 06:31:38 pm
My guess is that its a vinyl cut on a small Plexi plate. If you find a plastic supplier, and someone to vinyl cut your text, and then put the two together and POOF! Exhibition label. I know Gaylord sells some museum supplies www.gaylord.com and probably has label systems. Or you cut just apply the vinyl cut straight to the wall which is kind of a cleaner more contemporary look that you would find in any museum or gallery.  Also dry transfers imagetransfers.com
Title: Re: Artwork signs/placards
Post by: jharrisonphoto on July 27, 2016, 02:31:50 am
Thanks for the replies!  I tried 3-4 vendors before including a trophy shop with no luck.   I think I'll try the custom plexi/acrylic samples from tap and a vinyl text.
Thanks again and I'll share how it came out.
John
Title: Re: Artwork signs/placards
Post by: Mark Lindquist on July 29, 2016, 10:04:11 pm
You could try:

Decal Paper (http://www.decalpaper.com)

You should be able to get any acrylic supplier to sell you blank stock.

You can find a good looking gallery labeling system here:

Gallery Labels (http://www.protoproductions.com/ga_labels/index.html)

Try a search for "small acrylic museum labels"

Good luck.

Mark