Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on July 25, 2016, 04:50:15 pm

Title: Towards Babel; Col or BW
Post by: Todd Suttles on July 25, 2016, 04:50:15 pm
Col? BW? Neither?  thanks, t
Title: Re: Towards Babel; Col or BW
Post by: luxborealis on July 25, 2016, 04:56:29 pm
Col? BW? Neither?  thanks, t

B&W - definitely. For me, the colour just gets in the way.
Title: Re: Towards Babel; Col or BW
Post by: donbga on July 25, 2016, 07:52:30 pm
Col? BW? Neither?  thanks, t
Since the bottom third of the frame is noticeably out of focus neither B&W or color works for me.
Title: Re: Towards Babel; Col or BW
Post by: brandtb on July 26, 2016, 06:51:36 am
Doesn't work
Quote
Since the bottom third of the frame is noticeably out of focus neither B&W or color works for me
Title: Re: Towards Babel; Col or BW
Post by: Todd Suttles on July 26, 2016, 07:59:35 am
Thanks. What I needed to hear. t
Title: Re: Towards Babel; Col or BW
Post by: Todd Suttles on July 26, 2016, 08:04:34 am
Doesn't work
Hi Brandt! Thanks.
Title: Re: Towards Babel; Col or BW
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 26, 2016, 01:24:56 pm
Since the bottom third of the frame is noticeably out of focus neither B&W or color works for me.

I'm afraid I agree. If you can return and re-take to get the whole thing in focus, perhaps using focus stacking, I think the B&W will be preferable.

Jeremy